Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Coaching my son's soccer team

As a parent who coaches his 6 yr old's soccer team in a house league I've observed a few things around passion.
For me I find myself willing so much for my son to both do well and to find enjoyment in playing soccer. Makes me wonder how our Father looks out on us and His passion for us.
For the team I see them trying to reach the goal of scoring goals to win individually - when you have a star player he can get the goals, but when he's not there -there's discouragement and a feeling of helplessness. Reminds me how much we need each other in the body of Christ and how we need to be a body depending on all our parts not just one part.
For the parents I see some parents who have an avid interest in soccer themselves and they know what's what when it comes to soccer - I'm sure they practice with their son/dughter during the week. Other parents want what soccer offers to their kids - belonging to a team - community/friendship, something harmless to get excited about - passion, and some discipline of practicing to get better at something - discpline and there may be some aspirations of performing in front of others, particularly parents - affirmation. These can all be found in the body of Christ and from a relationship with God can't they ?
Dave

No comments:

How rich are you ?

I'm the 231,544,348 richest person on earth!


Discover how rich you are! >>