Saturday, April 18, 2009

Teaching Sunday School like Jesus would

In teaching Sunday school what am I trying to do ? This is a question I think about often as I help out in Sunday school at Kingsland.
I think there are various benefits from Sunday school like - having someone responsible watch the children while the parents are able to receive teaching or worship in the "main" service. Teaching the children to live good lives and even passing on information about the person called Jesus.
But for me it has to be more than that.
Pastor Karl addresses this well in his blog on the subject here.
I want the kids to know Jesus, not just know about him. They say that that 7 inches is the longest distance, the distance from the mind to the heart. And that's what I think its about I want to introduce them to Him or encourage them in their relationship with him.
I can't do it but my prayer is that God will use me and other sunday school teachers and their christian peers to do it!

No comments:

How rich are you ?

I'm the 231,544,348 richest person on earth!


Discover how rich you are! >>